In Minecraft, Coordinates are quite helpful because they help players to pinpoint their exact position in the game. And this will also help you to teleport to other locations by entering the exact coordinates to the place you want to be teleported to.
Most of the players are not aware of these and how to use them, so this article will help you to learn what they are and how to show coordinates in Minecraft on Java, Windows 10, and Bedrock.
The coordinates are displayed as X, Y, and Z. These letters represent your distance from the origin point. The origin marks the zero point of the simple X and Z coordinates. You don’t necessarily spawn near the 0,0 origin, so it’s just a marker where the coordinates intersect
Also See – How To Install Optifine In Minecraft
- X indicates the player’s distance east (positive) or west (negative) of the origin point (longitude)
- y indicates the height or depth the player is at. This is indicated by numbers that range from 0 – 255, where 64 indicates sea level.
- Z indicates the player’s distance south (positive) or north (negative) of the origin point (latitude)
Now below are the steps to enable coordinates in the various editions of Minecraft:
How to View Coordinates in Windows 10 Edition or Bedrock?
- First have to create a new game. And while creating a new game, you have to click on the ”World Options” button.
- Now you will find the ”Show Coordinates” option, Under the World Options button.
- Then switch the toggle to On. This button will always be set to Off by default, which is why you need to enable it every time you start a new game.
- After that the coordinates will appear on the top left of your screen.
- Alternatively, you can use the /gamerule showcoordinates true command to enable coordinates in the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft.
How to See coordinates in Minecraft Java Edition?
- To enable coordinates in this version of the game by pressing the F3 key on PC. And on Mac, press Fn + F3. Alternatively, you can try Alt + Fn + F3.
- After that, you will see a large number of text boxes pop up on your screen. and this boxes will display a variety of information, right from information about your PC to server information.
- Of these many boxes, the coordinates will be in one of them on the left side of your screen.
- This method of enabling coordinates in the Java version of Minecraft can be quite distracting and distracting due to the number of text boxes displayed on your screen.You can solve this problem by using mods like Xaero’s Minimap. This mod displays a small map with a coordinate box on your screen.
- Using mods like this will help you get a cleaner, less distracting experience while playing Minecraft.
This is the complete article to show coordinates in Minecraft. With the help of simple tips and tricks, you can enable coordinates in both the Bedrock as well as Java Editions of Minecraft quite easily.