Discord is a great platform for gamers and other communities to come together and chat, offering text and voice communication for free. One of the features that Discord users love is the ability to record your voice chats, Discord doesn’t offer an option to record these conversations, but it is possible using third-party solutions. Here are the third-party apps that you can use to record:
- Discord Craig Bot
Following steps to Record Discord Audio on iPhone or iPad Devices:
If iPhone or iPad mobile users access Discord, Maybe your built-in recording features do not work with this platform. But there are other ways where users can record audio using Discord’s recording bot named Craig.
Craig offers allows you to record multiple speakers at once and save files separately. So that user has no need to waste time manually trimming and editing files, but you still have an editing option if you need it.
Craig is one of the best choices for podcasts, and for other purposes as well. However, before you begin recording, make sure all parties involved are aware that they are being recorded. In some states, it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge. The steps to take are the same as on iOS devices.
Steps to use Craig :-
- Firstly, User need to create a Discord server.
- Then navigate to the official Craig bot website and tap on the “Invite Craig to your Discord server” option and log in.
- Now, invite it to the server you just created by entering the following command: craig:, join (your server name). This will start recording the desired voice chat.
- Once user done with the recording, enter the command: craig:, leave (name of your server).
- Now you will receive a link to tap and download the audio file.
- Choose AAC or FLAC, and the file will be saved to your iPhone, where you can edit it.
How to Record Discord Audio with OBS :
OBS will help you record both video and audio calls in Discord.
- Firstly, open the software.
- Now, Click the “+” icon in “Sources” at the bottom of the window.
- On the screen you’ll see a new menu option, where you have to click on “Audio Output Capture”.
- In the new window, name the desktop audio source and click “OK” at the bottom to save your choice.
- Select whether you are using earphones or speakers in “Properties”. and then you’ll find options in a drop-down menu, so after selecting an output device, select “OK” to save.
- It’s not mandatory, but it is recommended to test the tool before you start recording to make sure everything will work. Under “Audio Mixer,” you’ll see the Audio slider. If OBS is picking up the audio then they should move on. For example, you can play music on your computer for a test run.
- Now navigate to “Controls” in the lower right corner and select “Start Recording.” You’ll also find “Settings” here so you can click on it to choose another file format to save your recording.
- After that go to “File” at the top of the screen.
- Click on “Show Recordings” to access all the files you’ve recorded.OBS will help you record both video and audio calls in Discord.
How to Record Discord Audio with Audacity:
- Firstly, you have to download the software to your computer and install it.
- Launch Audacity and click on “Edit” option.
- Now select “Preference” and choose “Devices” option.
- select your microphone as the recording device from the menu.
- After that open Discord and join a voice channel.
- Then select the red button to begin recording.
- The black square button will stop recording, and you can then click “Export” to choose a location to store your file.