In Minecraft, survival always begins with trees, as it can be challenging for players to go very far in the game, without the ability to source wood. Growing a tree takes time, and there are no two ways to do it. However, players may need more immediate provided wood than the standard growth of a tree. Fortunately, bone meal offers a quick and easy solution to trigger the growth of many different forms of tree and plant life.
You can choose any type of sapling to grow a tree, but you must plant 4 saplings if you wish to grow a dark oak tree. In Minecraft, these are the materials you can use to grow a tree:
Also check – How To Make Lead In Minecraft
- 1 Oak Sapling : You can get oak saplings from Oak trees in Forest, Extreme Hills, Swampland, and Mesa Plateau biomes
- 1 Spruce Sapling : You can get spruce saplings from Spruce trees in the Taiga biome
- 1 Birch Sapling : Birch saplings can be found dropping from Birch trees when they are chopped down in the Forest biome.
- 1 Jungle Sapling : As the name suggests, you can find jungle Saplings from Jungle trees in the Jungle biome.
- 1 Acacia Sapling :To get acacia saplings, you will need to find Acacia trees, which spawn in the Savanna biome.
- 4 Dark Oak Saplings : To get dark oak saplings, you need to chop down Dark Oak Trees; You can find these in the Dark Oak Forest biome.
- 5 Bone Meal
Steps on How to make trees grow faster in minecraft
- Firstly you have a sapling to plant.
- Then add it to your hotbar and make it the selected item in your hotbar.
- Next, place your pointer (plus sign) on the block where you want to plant the tree. You should see the block highlighted in your game window. The game control to plant the tree depends on the version of Minecraft:
Java Edition (PC/Mac), right-click on the block. And in Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the block.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller. And in PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
Wii U and Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
Windows 10 Edition and Education Edition, right-click on the block.
- You should now see your plant on the ground. Now at this point you have two options. You can either wait and let your tree naturally grow into a full grown tree or you can speed up the growing process by using bone meal.
- Secondly, Fertilize the Sapling. To speed up the process of growing with bone meal, select the bone meal in your hotbar and then use the bone meal on your plant. Following are the version of Minecraft to use the bone meal :
Also Check – How To Move Villagers In Minecraft
Java Edition (PC/Mac) and in Pocket Edition (PE), right click on the sapling.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
Windows 10 Edition and in Education Edition, right click on the sapling.
Before you see your tree grow to a full grown tree, it may have some bone meal in it. Finally, you learned how to grow a tree in Minecraft.